Follow live or watch recorded
CCLSA Webinar Series - 1) Managing COVID-19: Understanding Epidemiology, Patient Care & Practice Safety
- FREE 90 Minute Webinar Recording
- Presented by the Cornea and Contact Lens Association of Australia
View the Webinar Recording by clicking Register -button or this link:
Core Topics & Learning Objectives:
Assoc. Professor Gordon Doig
1. Epidemiology 101: Modelling vs Real Data.
2. What and Who should we believe?
3. What we know about COVID-19 and relevant data.
4. Current guidelines on prevention of infection and spread in the general community.
5. Shared workplaces and general fever clinic rules (Optometry clinic guidelines will be detailed by Adj Assoc Professor Luke Arundel)
Adj Assoc Professor Luke Arundel
1. Guidelines & principles surrounding COVID-19 for optometry practitioners
2. Staying informed & up to date. An overview of relevant websites & social media e.g OA, Dept of Health etc.
3. Contact lens wear, care & management guidelines in light of COVID-19
4. Strategies for reassuring your patient, staff & colleagues.
5. Keeping your head above the water.
Q&A with Live Polling Chaired by Martin Robinson, CCLSA Vice President & Tasmanian State President
1. Dispelling Myths & Misinformation
2. Answering FAQs from Optometrists
3. Addressing any General Concerns
4. Live Polling of Practitioner Attitudes & Understanding